How plastic bags are killing us
- Only 1-3% of plastic bags are recycled worldwide.
- The amount of petroleum used to make 1 plastic bag would drive a car about 11 meters.
- Plastic bags don't biodegrade, they photdegrade- breaking down into smaller and smaller toxic bits contaminating soil and waterways. They then enter the foodweb when animals accidently ingest them.
- Industry figures show 90% of all grocery bags are plastic.
* Facts gathered from www.loveyourearth.org and imhabitat.com
Samuchit Enviro Tech. email@example.com www.samuchit.com